Discussions under General

Get Unit test summary

first post: tinka wrote: I am building an application that internally uses Statlight for run...

I am using statlight to run a .dll test file, I am getting the following error

first post: chackotijo wrote: system.io.fileload exception: filename :'file:///c:users/x146647/De...

Exception initializing statlight for some xap files

first post: joseycaremi wrote: Hi, I have a wierd issue running my SL test on the server. Some o...

latest post: joseycaremi wrote: Short update regarding this issue: The issue is not when initializi...

System.ArgumentException on some tests

first post: don1941cp wrote: We are getting the following exception consistently on a couple of ...

latest post: impworks wrote: Sorry for bringing up the old post, but the same thing just happene...

TRX files?

first post: brumlemann wrote: HiAre there any plans of making the tool generate TRX files from th...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Great initiative on and thanks for submitting a Pull request. https...

Cannot fail build on test failure

first post: fan8956 wrote: Hi I have followed the official tutorial (https://statlight.codep...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm the creator of StatLig...

Nunit SuccessException marks test as failed

first post: lukeguy wrote: Hi! I'm using StatLight in combination with nunit-silverlight (for ...

latest post: lukeguy wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! I was mostly curious to see if this was...

Unhandled exception trapped in the Silverlight Client. System.IO.FileNotFoundException

first post: arningsmark wrote: Hi, We use Statlight to execute our silverlight tests on our TFS s...

latest post: arningsmark wrote: Problem solved! It was an old version of Microsoft.Practices.Unity...

Using Custom Unit Test Providers

first post: bennage wrote: I'm using a custom unit test provider. You can see the source here:...

latest post: nazbrok wrote: I found a (ugly) way to do it: Adding this test in the StatLig...

CommunicationException instead of FaultException

first post: Altenstedt wrote: We have a problem when running our tests using StatLight and SOAP ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I'm not all that familiar with changing out the client HTTP stack. ...

Statlight hangs on large .xap, only on my build server

first post: DCAlgosys wrote: Hello I have a strange problem that occurs only on my build server...

latest post: DCAlgosys wrote: Alright I understand, thanks anyway. I'll let you know what was the...

StatLight hangs on my build server

first post: DannOh wrote: I'm executing StatLight as part of my TFS build process. I was fr...

latest post: DannOh wrote: Switched the browser to Firefox and it hasn't failed since. Seems ...

Upgraded to Silverlight 5 and now the very first test fails regardless of which test it is.

first post: Chris4Man wrote: We've just upgraded our project to Silverlight 5 and the latest ver...

latest post: chris4man wrote: Thanks for the information. The work-around we have - using the dum...

Web service access

first post: crackity_jones666 wrote: Hi... My problem may not be specific to Statlight, but I'd like to...

latest post: crackity_jones666 wrote: I put the service account credentials and the web server accepts th...

No communication from the web browser has been detected

first post: erazor wrote: HiI'm struggling with integrating Statlight Tests for our viewmodel...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Thanks for letting me know what the issue was. Happy Testing!

InitParams

first post: crackity_jones666 wrote: Hi! First of all, THANKS FOR STATLIGHT! Great effort that allowed...

latest post: crackity_jones666 wrote: Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on...

Dispatcher.CheckAccess() dies

first post: Trinition wrote: I'm using AgUnit, which in turn uses StatLight, to run some non-UI...

latest post: Trinition wrote: I've opened a discussion in AgUnit's forums: http://agunit.codeplex...

Attach VS2010 and debug tests

first post: DocMartin wrote: Hi, is it possibile to attach an VS2010 istance and debug unit tes...

Crashes due to improper EnqueueCallback behavior with Silverlight 5

first post: aggieNick02 wrote: Hi, I've tried this with the latest build of statlight and still s...

latest post: aggieNick02 wrote: Thanks for the info. We noticed there weren't any real changes as w...

Test failed when change CurrentCulture

first post: jaortega wrote: Hi,I have a basic test where I change the CurrentCulture and tries ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I struggled to repeat your issue last night. I actually can't seem ...

How do I use the -t parameter

first post: boaterdan wrote: I'd like to include two tags. I've tried doing it per the MSTest w...

latest post: boaterdan wrote: Perfect. Thanks.

Statlight for Silverlight 5

first post: KrishnaSadasivam wrote: Hi,Do we have a Statlight build for Silverlight 5?. Thanks,Krishna.

latest post: BruceKr wrote: Hi Jason, I just got back from vacation and gave this a try. Works...

Super Secret StatLight Code: 836D4425-DB59-48BB-BA7B-03AB20A57499

first post: nbrake wrote: Using Google I found a few discussions around the same error, but n...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: NOTE TO ALL: if you got here because you're experiencing a similar ...

TinyIoC.TinyIoCResolutionException

first post: BruceKr wrote: Things were going so well... I was able to run my tests fine and t...

latest post: BruceKr wrote: Never mind; my bad. I guess that's what happens when you -x the .d...

Is there a way to automatically delete generated temp files?

first post: ChadForGood wrote: I noticed that a test run (-x xap-file) generates two files in my (...

latest post: chadforgood wrote: Works great. Thanks for such a quick response.

Running the client using IIS

first post: Altenstedt wrote: My Silverlight client is using WS-Trust to authenticate against an ...

latest post: Altenstedt wrote: Well after a few days of effort, we managed to make StatLight be pa...

Issues running multiple xap files

first post: ChadForGood wrote: I have some issues with testing multiple xap files (-x args) in the...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Thanks for your interest.For the first request (combining the outpu...

COULD NOT FIND THE AUTOMATION ELEMENT FOR processId

first post: roblange wrote: I recently upgraded to the newest version of Statlight (I think I w...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: What version of the Microsoft.Silverlight.Testing framework do you ...

Cannot get StatLight to run my tests :(

first post: sebagomez wrote: I tryied a little while ago with no luck but now I really need to g...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Perfect! Glad you go it working.

StatLight hangs in case of "Could not locate service StatLight.Client.Harness.Hosts.ITestRunnerHost" error

first post: labate wrote: Hello,In TeamCity 5, if I have a test project with missing assembly...

latest post: labate wrote: Thank you for the TeamCity option, I looked for it and it was in fr...

Problem with missing assemblies

first post: labate wrote: Hi,I have a problem when running my test XAPs files (see below). An...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Sounds like you have your work around. I'd agree that if you just r...

Statlight with stuff in app.xaml

first post: amjidq wrote: Hi all, I have a silverlight project that has lots (1100 lines) of ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: This question came up over in the AGUnit discussion and I verified ...

Running tests with Windowless = true

first post: AndyFry wrote: I have some tests that require that the windowless flag on the silv...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I've made a couple code changes that should help you going forward....

Wildcard support for specifying multiple XAPs or DLLs

first post: orange25 wrote: From what I have read in the Statlight docs , if I have multiple XA...

latest post: scottkoland wrote: One option to resolve the issue with --MSGenericTestFormat only sho...

How to spin up the web project

first post: marcelgood wrote: I seem to be missing something here. I'm trying out Statlight for t...

latest post: marcelgood wrote: Thanks for confirming the conclusion I reached in the meantime. I'v...

Displayin StatLight Unit Test Results in CruiseControl.Net Web Dashboard

first post: Benji wrote: I've managed to get StatLight working great in CruiseControl.Net to...

latest post: mgroetan wrote: Thanks a bunch! Works like a charm ;-)Regards, Morten G.

I get a NotFound 404 on my first test

first post: sebagomez wrote: Hi all, my Silverlight Test app runs ok with my first test, but whe...

latest post: sebagomez wrote: Ok, will take a look at everything you told me.You mentioned it's n...

Duplicated test results in TeamCity.

first post: Tatsiana wrote: Hello,I have configured the TeamCity the same way as described here...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: This is a known issue with the MSTest framework. see http://silverl...

Statlight unable to download prism modules

first post: eacar wrote: Hi,I am working composite silverlight 4 application using prism. I ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: If you take a look at the sequence diagram at the documentation hom...

Statlight with Mef

first post: DesperateCoder wrote: Hi, several tests using Mef fail because statlight tries to load...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I have not tried doing any testing/builds against Silverlight 5 wit...

Statlight with Silverlight 5

first post: DesperateCoder wrote: My problem is to run Silverlight 5 tests with Statlight.Most tests ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: StatLight does not currently support out of browser. If you figure ...

Capturing output written to TestContext

first post: MikeBenza wrote: I'd like to be able to capture the output written to the TestContex...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: - AdamKempThe console output is not really intended to be scraped. ...

XAML binding tests fail when run via StatLight

first post: chris4man wrote: I have the following test: [TestMethod] [Description("Tests t...

latest post: chris4man wrote: It works a treat now.Thanks again for your assistance with this.

Statlight -c showing an error on second run

first post: vcaraulean wrote: I'm launching it with -c key and first time tests are run ok, at ne...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Hey Guys,For the rest of this discussion thread. Could you guys mak...

Invalid or malformed application error message when running statlight with -c

first post: memamjome wrote: Hi,I'm getting the following error message when running statlight w...

latest post: memamjome wrote: Done,Thanks for consideration.

Support for ExpectedException

first post: memamjome wrote: Is there support for ExpectedException for ExpectedException in Sta...

latest post: memamjome wrote: Good article.Thanks.

Creating MSTest .trx test results file

first post: JaapM wrote: Is there anybody who has done the exercise to transform the StatLig...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: corlinbo: Sorry I need to do some documentation updating... Hopeful...

Growl support

first post: JeffSchumacher wrote: It would be wonderful to have Growl support in STATLight instead of...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Take a look at the following file/project in StatLight's source. ht...

Silverlight not installed message on Server 2008 R2

first post: Lyynx wrote: I'm getting a window on the build server which shows a Silverlight ...

latest post: Lyynx wrote: Running it interactively - part of the instructions I was following...

Output is encoded wrongly?

first post: JaapM wrote: On the command prompt output of StatLight I see this:Microsoft.Visu...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: FYI: I just reverted my encoding/decoding fix. Turns out in some sc...

Silverlight error 2103

first post: lodle wrote: Trying to run statlight with my xap file and i keep getting: Start...

latest post: lodle wrote: Seems to be running now. Think mef is screwing up. :P Thanks

Any plans to emit Owner, Description and TestProperty for MSTest

first post: georgd wrote: If you use MSTEST you can annotate your TestMethod with a set of At...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: At this point StatLight doesn't support exporting results into the ...

passing parameters from silverlight application to XAP files in the clientbin

first post: mstechycool wrote: I am loading a XAP file say (test.xap) in my silverlight applicatio...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: I'm sorry, but your post is very un-clear as to what you are trying...

statlight does not call TestInitialize

first post: vtarnu wrote: I use statlight to run unit tests created with Silverlight Unit Tes...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: labate,Great to hear.Please don't hesitate to post any new issue yo...

StatLight -c isn't picking updated assembly?

first post: vcaraulean wrote: HelloI'm trying to run StatLight (with NUnit, if that matters).My c...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Thanks for reporting your issue.In your case, I think what you did ...

Statlight not recognizing the ServiceReferences.ClientConfig non-assembly file even after setting the build action to "embed as resource".

first post: CodePlexUserOne wrote: Hi there,I'm using MS Tests for unit testing a piece of functionali...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Congrats on getting it working.Regarding something to try. I'm not ...

Unable to run StatLight (HTTP Error 503: The service is unavailable)

first post: Gillfish wrote: I have previously been able to launch StatLight from a VisualStudio...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: FYI: I just ran into this today at my work. I had an admin console ...

Statlight using custom web.config

first post: jmullins wrote: Hello, is it possible to have Statlight be aware of a custom web.co...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: StatLight doesn't use any web.config file, nor should you have anyt...

How to Call Javascript in Tests

first post: djmars23 wrote: Hi,I have added javascript by using Resource that I need to run wit...

latest post: djmars23 wrote: Thank you it all works now I created a BaseTest page that all my te...

Unable to run statlight on TeamCity - BrowserHostCommunicationTimeoutServerEvent

first post: ScottW wrote: I have statlight running well on local machines, but when I try t...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Great to hear you got it resolved. I've been wanting to add somethi...

XDocument.Load fails to load xml document

first post: KrishnaSadasivam wrote: I have a Silverlight Unit test project which reads a xml file (buil...

latest post: KrishnaSadasivam wrote: Thanks much Jason. - Krishna

Statlight and TFS 2008

first post: aslate wrote: Hey guys, your project has already solved so many problems in enabl...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Are you using MSTest? Try building StatLight from source (Until I g...

Integration with Team Build?

first post: kwende wrote: We have a build server which runs tests nightly and reports back th...

latest post: ferventcoder wrote: This sounds awesome. We definitely want to use StatLight, and want ...

How to debug

first post: met222 wrote: I just downloaded statlight and am evaluating it as a solution to a...

latest post: icnocop wrote: I created a workitem related to running the silverlight application...

Native MSTest XmlReport Schema

first post: nielshebling wrote: Hi, I just tried to run the unit tests using the Generic Test metho...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Regarding an NUnit output format, it should be relatively easy to i...

Result in TFS2010 different from standalone run

first post: nielshebling wrote: Hi,I'm currently working on an integration for TFS 2010 and have a ...

latest post: dufourpy wrote: If you use TFS 2010, try the following solution : http://pyxis-tech...

Unhandeled error code 4004 using statlight for Unit testing

first post: savyayadav wrote: Hi,I am quite stuck with using Statlight for running my Unit test x...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Could you please re-try and use the "--debug" parameter and then po...

Using Statlight.exe from Statlight source code build

first post: KrishnaSadasivam wrote: Hi,I have downloaded the source code from http://github.com/staxman...

latest post: KrishnaSadasivam wrote: Thanks .. it worked.

StatLight running tests in multiple .xap files

first post: labate wrote: I use StatLight to run unit tests in RIA Services solutions. I h...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Thanks for the report. I've reproduced the issue and will get it fi...

netsh http add urlacl etc. - why is this needed?

first post: qs7000 wrote: When I run statlight (1.0-beta1) as a non-admin user, I get the fol...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Release v1.3 includes these changes.

Hudson CI integration

first post: VMorozov wrote: Hi All! Has anyone tried to work with StatLight using Hudson CI too...

latest post: VMorozov wrote: Thank you very much, that really helped.

No Tests Found From TeamCity

first post: davidpadbury wrote: I have StatLight being invoked from MsBuild which works great when ...

latest post: kochang wrote: I had the same problem, solved it by restarting TeamCity Build Agen...

Integration using StatLight to TeamCity

first post: 1gn1ter wrote: Hello,I've read the blog http://www.keith-woods.com/Blog/post/Silve...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: The --teamcity and --ShowTestingBrowserHost flags should be complet...

Problem loading Castle.Core in 1.2

first post: manzo wrote: I'm running in to a problem; StatLight loads up, and immediately th...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Good to hear it's resolved. Happy testing...

Browser window showing regardless of -b switch

first post: mikemaddux wrote: (using - StatLight - Version 1.2.3919)I'm running this command lin...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Hello Mike,Just the other day I put up the following documentation ...

Is Visual Studio required?

first post: mikemaddux wrote: When running STATLight with TeamCity and MSBuild, is it necessary t...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Should not be. You will need the .net 3.5 framework installed but I...

Using CassiniDev in StatLight

first post: staxmanade wrote: Hello Sky(This is a redirected discussion from this thread... http:...

latest post: sky wrote: ok- it looks like you are replying to the mailing list and I am usi...

Webcontext not available

first post: onderdolutas wrote: Hi there,When I run my silverlight unit tests on visual studio 2010...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Hello Sky,Moved the discussion over to - http://statlight.codeplex....

Statlight throwing resource not found exception when Unit testing View using silverlight 4 Unit test application

first post: savyayadav wrote: Hi,I am trying to unit test my view for bindings using Silverlight ...

latest post: savyayadav wrote: Ok thanks .Got it.

Using MEF internally in Statlight was a bad idea

first post: talbrecht wrote: Hi,I have a lot of trouble with Statlight because it also uses MEF ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Jeremy,Sorry I haven't notified anyone on this thread about any upd...

UnitDriven for wp7

first post: justinc wrote: This might not be on your radar yet but I just created a new versio...

latest post: justinc wrote: I know there is an emulator that VS/Blend deploy your app to then a...

StatLight & Unit Test Result Viewer for Silverlight - Integration

first post: nielshebling wrote: Hi,thanks for the review on http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microso...

latest post: nielshebling wrote: Hi sky,In VS select View->Other Windows->Silverlight Unit Test Resu...

ReflectionTypeLoadExecption when browser launches

first post: captaincrash80 wrote: Has anybody else had an issue with a ReflectionTypeLoadExecption po...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: captaincrash80 wrote: So it turns out that there is another issue....

Macro to run one test

first post: kjschaef wrote: Hey, thanks so much for statlight, it's been a great help for my te...

latest post: kjschaef wrote: Here's the macro. Obviously, the path to statlight could be pulled...

UI Element Tests

first post: MikeHanson wrote: Firstly thanks for this tool, it makes it pretty easy to integrate ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: StatLight should work fine with UI tests. As a sanity check - I run...

Silverlight MSTest vNext (from Mix 2010).

first post: KeithW wrote: StatLight has been running our massive set of Silverlight Test on T...

latest post: shrog wrote: Well done.Thanks

CSLA Tests failing...

first post: justinc wrote: I haven't tried it yet but I was forwarded an email from you to Roc...

latest post: justinc wrote: downloaded git, cloned the repo. Found out that I still have VS2010...

Asynchronous Tests

first post: DMatson wrote: I'm having hanging issues when I try to run my asynchronous tests t...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Thank you for finding this issue and your help in it's solution...O...

What would you want in an MSBuild integration?

first post: edchapel wrote: I'm integrating StatLight with MSBuild and TFBuild at my day job an...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Ugg - sorry I forgot to respond to this. After I wrote a whole repl...

Publicity

first post: justinc wrote: You got a shout out on Rocky's blog in case you weren't aware:http:...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Yes I did see it... (His blog's on my aggregator). Thanks! GO StatL...

awesome

first post: justinc wrote: This is sweet, how did I not know you were doing this? I had spent ...

latest post: staxmanade wrote: Hey Justin,Glad you like it...Sorry, no MSBuild related stuff yet. ...

• 1-91 of 91 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next