Cannot fail build on test failure

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Hi

I have followed the official tutorial (https://statlight.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=TFS%202010%20Tutorial&referringTitle=TFS) to setup a statlight build template and used it for my build definition. I have also set True to "Fail Build On Test Failure" in Build Definition -> Process tab ->Automated Tests ->Test Assembly -> Fail Build On Test Failure.

When the build finishes, it shows "Build succeeded" with following test failure info:
2 test runs completed - 71% average pass rate (70% total pass rate)
  servicename@hostname 2013-08-09 10:35:01_Any CPU_Debug, 201 of 286 test(s) passed
  StatLight TestRun, 28 of 39 test(s) passed
the first one is standard .net tests while the second one is silverlight tests. Both of them ran properly and had some failed tests, but the build still succeeded.

Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advanced.

PS: we are using
  • Windows Server 2003 x86 for build server
  • TFS 2010 with build service set to Windows Service mode (not Interactive Process)
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm the creator of StatLight, however this "offical tutorial" was contributed graciously by the community. If you end up figuring out your problem (and it's possibly due to an error in the documentation), please let me know so we can update it.

I don't have a TFS server setup to test this out, so I'm afraid unless someone else can help you, you're going to have to work around it on your own.

I guess another thing to try are some other projects out there that mention StatLight support...
Hope this helps.