Statlight hangs on large .xap, only on my build server

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Hello I have a strange problem that occurs only on my build server (Windows Server 2008). I have a Silverlight Application with rather large dependencies and my .xap is 3.x MB. Whenever I run statlight (1.6, SL 5 application, arguments look like -x=package -r=report --debug) on that .xap it hangs until I get the following exception (running Statlight from visual studio, I get the same result by running the regular .exe):

System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
   at StatLight.Core.WebServer.InMemoryWebServer.ServeString(HttpListenerResponse response, Byte[] value) in C:\Users\X\Desktop\a\b\src\StatLight.Core\WebServer\InMemoryWebServer.cs:line 181
   at StatLight.Core.WebServer.InMemoryWebServer.ProcessGetRequest(HttpListenerRequest request, HttpListenerResponse response) in C:\Users\X\Desktop\a\b\src\StatLight.Core\WebServer\InMemoryWebServer.cs:line 56

The problem isn't linked to the dependencies themselves, I made a dummy project with a large embedded text resource and I had the same problem.

The exception is thrown when the InMemoryWebServer writes the "application/x-silverlight-app" response to the OutputStream.

The catch is that it works fine on my machine. I understand that it's going to be tough for you to help me without being able to reproduce the issue, but do you have any idea of what is happening?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm afraid I won't be able to dig into this any time soon... If you end up pulling down the code and trying to debug into StatLight I'd be happy to share any information that may be relevant. Beyond that I won't be able to help you out much here. Sorry :(

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Alright I understand, thanks anyway. I'll let you know what was the problem once I can figure it out.