StatLight hangs in case of "Could not locate service StatLight.Client.Harness.Hosts.ITestRunnerHost" error

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Hello,

In TeamCity 5, if I have a test project with missing assembly references, StatLight tries to load them and hangs with an error message in the log file.

For example (last lines of the log file):

Could not locate service StatLight.Client.Harness.Hosts.ITestRunnerHost.
********************* ReflectionTypeLoadException *********************
***** Begin Loader Exception Messages *****
- Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
- Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
***** End Loader Exception Messages *****

Ok, I know that I have to add the missing references, it's not the problem.

The problem is that when StatLight hangs, the TeamCity build stays in running state. And in my case where I have only one build agent, this eternal running build blocks any other build that need to run.

So I have to stop it manually.

I tried to find how to set a timeout in TeamCity for a build that runs for too long and make it fail, but I didn't found anything.
Then I decided to write this discussion, because it could be a bug in StatLight that when this error occurs it do not fail and stays in a suspended running state.

Have you any suggestion about how to stop or make the build fail in this case?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Regarding TeamCity:

If you go the project's "General Settings" under the "Fail build if:" section adjust the "it runs longer than [??] minutes". 

That should help you.

Regarding StatLight: I'll see if I can take a look, but my above tip should help you along.

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Thank you for the TeamCity option, I looked for it and it was in front of me...

I updated Statlight with the last version, and maybe the hanging of Statlight will disapear.