Problem with missing assemblies

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Hi,

I have a problem when running my test XAPs files (see below). And I would like to know what is the correct way to do.

My implementation project has references on 5 solution projects and 4 third-party assemblies (not counting the system assemblies). The corresponding test project, that is run here below, has only a reference on the implementation project assembly. So it is clear that the resulting test XAP file does not contain the assemblies that are mentioned in the lines below.

Have I to add manually the dependent assemblies of the implementation project into the test project, so that they will be included in the test XAP file?

Thanks.

Could not locate service StatLight.Client.Harness.Hosts.ITestRunnerHost.
 ********************* ReflectionTypeLoadException *********************
 ***** Begin Loader Exception Messages *****
 - Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Polyright.Manager.Client.Main.Contracts, Version=5.0.0.25835, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
 - Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Polyright.Manager.Client.Commons, Version=5.0.0.25824, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
 - Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Polyright.Manager.Client.Commons, Version=5.0.0.25824, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
 - Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Polyright.Manager.Client.Main.Contracts, Version=5.0.0.25835, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
 - Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonBar, Version=2011.1.419.1040, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' ou une de ses d�pendances. Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.
 ***** End Loader Exception Messages *****

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I think I have found the cause.

As we are using modules in the Silverlight client application, in order to minimize the number of duplicated assemblies in our modules, we set the "Copy Local" property to False instead of True.

This way, some assemblies are not downloaded multiple times because there are referenced my multiple modules. But by setting this property to false, I think that the test project will not get them.

This will force us to manually add the dependent assemblies in the test project.

If you have another way to deal with this problem and you are also using Silverlight modules, please let me know.

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Sounds like you have your work around. I'd agree that if you just reference the necessary assemblies in the test project (and make sure their set to copy local) then you should be good to go.