Running tests with Windowless = true

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I have some tests that require that the windowless flag on the silverlight application be set to true in order to pass. (third party controls require it)

Is it possible to set this up in statlight.

The tests pass when run in a browser from a page where i have set the windowless param but not in statlight or in a browser when the test page is dynamically generated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy Fry

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Have you tried using the "-b" flag? Give that a try and let me know if it helps.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I have now. It doesn't run the app with windowless set to true.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I think I know what you're talking about and a possible solution. It'll take me some time and I may not get to it for a while (right now). 

In the mean time - if you'd like. take a copy of the StatLight code base, modify the file in https://github.com/staxmanade/StatLight/blob/master/src/StatLight.Core/Resources/TestPage.html to suite your needs. After you do the mod, run one of the release builds and give that a shot. If it works, let me know and I'll find a way to incorporate your changes.

Hope this helps.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:12 PM

That change does work. 

<param name="source" value="StatLight.Client.Harness.xap"/>
		  <param name="onError" value="onSilverlightError" />
		  <param name="background" value="white" />
		  <param name="minRuntimeVersion" value="4.0.50401.0" />
		  <param name="windowless" value="true" />

I added the last line.

Thank you,

Andy Fry

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I've made a couple code changes that should help you going forward. If you download from the latest build (see the home page for a link to the teamcity build) you should be able to open up the StatLight.exe.config and change the windowless property now.

Hope this helps.