Silverlight not installed message on Server 2008 R2

May 27, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I'm getting a window on the build server which shows a Silverlight is not installed message. If I click the install message it tells me it doesnt have the security to download the installer. 

that said if I open a browser and go to Silverlight.net it shows silverlight apps running so not sure what to do here to get it running. 

So close and yet so far. Also running it interactively is a bit of a pain. any way around that?

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Hello Lyynx,

I had a user report a similar issue over here http://statlight.codeplex.com/discussions/256598 - when they told StatLight to use FireFox instead of the built in browser it started working. I still don't have an understanding as to how to fix this issue unfortunately. Any insights you gain would be helpful.

What version of the tool are you using? Could you try using both the 1.3 or 1.4 builds and let me know if one works over another? Also what version of Silverlight is installed on the server?

Could you elaborate a more on "Also running it interactively is a bit of a pain. any way around that?" I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here...

May 27, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Running it interactively - part of the instructions I was following said to change the build controller to run interactively. It opens a window and if you press escape it closes the window and the controller is no longer available for running builds. In other words i'd have to stay logged into the server for it to be able to run builds. Maybe thats not required for it to run?

I downloaded the latest version of the silverlight runtime (via the link that the Statlight window took me to) so I assume it was the latest version. When I tried to install it, it said that it was already installed.

I could try putting Firefox on the build server to see if that works, and the suggested builds and will let you know how it goes. I feel SO close to getting automated Silverlight builds. Something i've wanted for years. Would be awesome if it could finally be reality. :)

cheers,

Stephen