UI Element Tests

May 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Firstly thanks for this tool, it makes it pretty easy to integrate SLUT with CCNet for Continuous Integration.

We have one issue though, and I am not sure if we are expecting too much, but we are unable to run any test that adds a UI element to the test panel.  So any test that attempts to display any UI element just blocks and never finishes, even with a [Timeout].  Is this a known limitation or should we be looking for some issue in our tests.

Coordinator
May 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Which version of the Microsoft.Silverlight.Testing assembly are you using?

One thing to check is that the service account your cc.net service is running under is set to "Allow service to interact with desktop".

May 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM

We are using the April 2010 build of the Silverlight tookit, and we switched our CC.Net service to run under Local System with the desktop option turned on, but unfortunately the problem persists.

Coordinator
May 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Have you tried running it manually on the server? (Can you do it? or see anything there?

I've noticed when the browser doesn't load the Silverlight runtime correctly, then it sometimes hangs. - In fact starting yesterday I had to un-install silverlight and re-install the latest version.

Hope this helps.

May 29, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I have tried running it on the server.  What we have is a batch file that runs three StatLight commands against three SLUT projects.  The first two run fine, they contain unit tests for service clients and presentation models.  The third is the test project for our UI and the test runs, the browser host fires up and loads the SLUT ui and then hangs nothing appears in the tree no matter how long I wait.

Interestingly StatLight displays the browser host for each project (when run manually) even though we do not have the -b switch in the command line.

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM

StatLight should work fine with UI tests. As a sanity check - I run StatLight against the Microsoft Silvelright Toolkit test xaps.

And yes, the browser will display (-b option) regardless of whether you specified it or not (For the April2010 and March2010) builds of the test framework. Recent changes in the way they do the tests make that an unfortunate requirement.

Do the U.I. tests run (from visual studio / no StatLight)?